Sunday, 19 February 2017

Distress Oxide Journal page

Hi there

I have recently purchased all 12 of the new Distress Oxide inks... Cos I needed to want them all...

I received them on Friday and have had a few hours to play and test and experiment...

My latest discovery is that you can use them direct to paper, spray them with water and transfer the ink onto the opposite page...  Just like I do with the Distress stain sprays...

I got so excited, I made a video on Facebook Live this morning at 10am!

How to use the Distress Oxide inks as a background in a journal
Posted by Belinda Basson on Saturday, 18 February 2017


This is what the page looked like when it was dry.  the camera changes the colours a bit and the pages look a bit more even in colour in real life...

I have then spent the rest of the morning playing with the inks through stencils, printing with them and using embossing powder on the stamped images...

What a blast!  This stuff is addictive... It should come with a warning!

 This is where I have inked through the stencil then sprayed the "inked" stencil with water and instead of cleaning it off, I have printed it back on my page...

The splats were made by mixing the inks on my craft sheet with water and splatting them on my page with a paint brush.

 This stamp comes with its own mask.  after stamping in the fired brick and vintage photo, I then covered it with the mask and darkened the area around the stamped image using an applicator tool with the fired brick Distress Oxide.

These splats were made using only water in the photo above.  The ones below are with the diluted ink.

I stamped onto the fired brick area with fossilized amber and covered it with clear embossing powder.  Then when it had cooled, I rubbed fired brick and a little vintage photo over the stamped image using applicator tools.  The Distress Oxide inks take the embossing powder beautifully and work so well on dark paper.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I wish I was based in Cape Town to come on one of your courses Bella. I love the random depth you created with the distressed oxide inks. It looks amazing

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment.