Tuesday 4 February 2014

Supreme Scrap Tournament: Scrap Challenge 1

This is now my final page with the printed photos, machine cut lettering and journalling added.

They (the two ladies from Netherlands) have a theme going of sorts for round 1 which is HOME.  In the scrap challenge you have to show where you live within 1000 steps from your house.  I had fun going out with my camera and counting my steps as I went.  Good thing it was early on Sunday morning and the only peeps around were going off to church, so hopefully they were not too judgmental of me counting out loud and taking close up photos of things like postboxes!

Here is how my page was created:

I started with chipboard letters and white card stock and my sheet of instructions.
Painted the chipboard with distress paint.
Inked the paper with Salty ocean and Mowed lawn distress inks (for the sky and the grass), blended it with water and put it in the sun to dry.
Cut up a sheet of red card stock just a bit bigger than I am going to print my photos.

You can see by the blue clock...an hour later...I had added Stencil work to the top of the page in Walnut stain distress ink and green over the green with the burlap stencil.  I am going to journal here. (you have to use at least 50 words)
Then I added the die cuts of the bird on the branch, half a clock to mimic the sun and the fence along with some stamped images from my set of IndigoBlu stamps.
nearly 2 hours after starting... This is as far as my page really is.  I super imposed the writing and photos over the top of this pic to get an idea of where I was going and to check on FB if I was using the right photos, before I spent money on printing!  I have the "go ahead" and will print pics today, then add my journalling and post to the forum! 

Its been fun!

Bella



9 comments:

  1. This is lovely Belinda... Love the pop of red... So nice to see everyones takes on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - sooo many techniques and interesting elements to ponder over, not to mention the fabulous pics!Good luck!
    Love
    Jen Leeflang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! I'm going to try this - such a fun idea to see what's within 1000 steps of home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are having a great time with these challenges ! Love your layout and how you have been layering everything up ! Looks very country-like where you live ! Great to catch up at the weekend Love Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Home" in your neighbourhood and your entry all look great, Bella. You are doing a great job of representing us- I am sure you are one of a very few who make everything on their pages, O technique Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning layout, vibrant colours, so pleasing to the eyes ... I love how we are able to see 'your world' ... love all your hand made embellies!! I'm visiting from the tournament ... Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever Bella. What a great idea for a challenge but mine would involve alot of trees as I live out in the sticks a bit!
    Clever use of techniques and love the Clock/Sun idea.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a createful way to make your background!! like the sky and earth! very smart! good luck at the tournament!

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.