Wednesday 1 August 2012

Tim's 12 tags of 2012 - August

Above is Tim's original, below is my take on his tag.
This is the only day I wish would come round faster!  Every other day can have a pause button so I can get everything done that is on my list... However...I live for the first day of the month as Tim Holtz publishes his technique tag for us to learn from  and enjoy.

I have done some changes as usual to fit in with my arsenal of stuff.
I don't have his latest release of stamps with the silhouettes and frame though I have been making cameos in my melt pot (see below) and have a similar frame from another stamp set.  I also used pearl earrings (bent the bar with my trusty pliers) in blue yellow and pink which I "antiqued" by adding some espresso alcohol ink to them in a plastic bag to take the brightness down a notch. Oh and I don't have his die to cut the bottom with so swapped that out too.  I found the lovely velvet ribbon in my stash and so I used that instead because I thought it looked more vintage.
Thats that done then till this time next month!

Thanks for the visit.
Bella

9 comments:

  1. That's a really beautiful cameo, Bella:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You made that cameo?? That's amazing!! Gorgeous too! And so is your tag! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag and your cameo is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...WOW Bella that was a super fast turn around...your Take on the August Tag is super, your handmade cameo is an absolute delight so clever...beautiful work...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that cameo is gorgeous bella, great tag x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely agree the cameo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...I did a Cameo too!!! Lol! Great minds girl! Love that you made it with a mold...kudos for that! Gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is an amazing cameo! Great tag!

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.