Friday 5 August 2011

Vagabond Box storage!





How gorgeous is the box the Vagabond comes in? I could not bring myself to throw it away, so I have been working on a way to use it so it does not become a dust collector!

I saw Tim's new storage containers that came out this CHA and that inspired me to make my own until I can get my grubby paws on his ones.


So this is what I did:


First I cut off the two small flaps, then I measured the centre of the side of the box. I measured the lid which is 17cm and cut a slit 17cm down the centre of the sides of the box. This way the box can flap open and use the two lids as supports. Having cut the slit I then cut the perpendicular way from side to side of the box.

I opened the box and just scored the inside from side to side so it can bend.

I had to create a box to hold the flaps up and used foam core to do this. They measure 8cm high x 35.2cm long x 15.6cm short (x2 each) I taped these together and glued them to the flaps making sure that the handle has space to move on the outside.


I broke the foam packaging apart and used the long strips to separate my bottles in the bottom and the flat bits to create a lid so that when you shut the whole thing nothing moves around.

So now I have a mobile Tim Holtz studio! I still want to get two straps with buckles to wrap round the outside of the box for extra strength and security...

So what do you think?


4 comments:

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.