Saturday 20 August 2011

SSSAS and GM by the skin of my teeth!



Well over at Simon Says Stamp and Show it is bling and at Linda's Grungy Monday it is distress stickles. I have had a very busy week and have had a half dressed mannequin on my desk just waiting to be adorned for these two challenges and finally I have had some creative time at my desk!

As posted on Wednesday, I showed you the mannequin as I bought her, click here to go to that post.

To add the bling I used my new glitter glue sticks for my glue gun to stick on the skirt made from layers of the rosette die and they work a treat, I also used perfect pearls on the kraft glassine paper which I die cut the wings out of. So that is my bling that I added to an already blingy lady!




Then for the Grungy Monday part I added gold distress stickles along the top of her bodice to link the base with my colour scheme.

10 comments:

  1. So glad you found the time to join in the challenge. Your dress form is fabulous. Love the use of the rosette dies, very creative. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever and very glitzy Bella.
    Missed you on Wednesday as I had to post at work cos we had not internet most of this week! It seems to be working at the moment fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beauty! Wow! I would love to see just how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet is this! Such a treat that you found three of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Belinda! WAY COOL piece you entered into Simon Says Stamp and Show's Challenge this week! I totally LOVE it! Love Tim's butterfly die and how you used it! LOVE the dress form and your use of the rosette dies! Great job! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful transformation Bella, love the use of the rosette die and the sparkly bling, so glad you found the time to join in with the Distress Stickles party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bella, just popping back to let you know that my dress form is about 1ft high, quite big really and I really enjoyed creating the transformation. Loved popping by to see yours too, its fabulous. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect! She was no doubt glad to be shod of her original outfit and given glamour and wings! Very Very creative use of dies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh this is so gorgeous! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I'm so glad to have found yours! Off to become your newest follower...

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.